TAKE PART IN THE ‘KWIK FIT THRUXTON 24’
Applications now closed.
We are delighted to be able to offer 25 places to fans wishing to take part in this year’s ‘Kwik Fit Thruxton 24’ charity bike ride in aid of Prostate Cancer UK, set to take place on the eve of the BTCC weekend at the super-fast Hampshire venue (27 August).
Originally designed by title sponsor Kwik Fit as an event in which fans could race alongside BTCC drivers around the UK’s fastest circuit, last season’s inaugural ride had to be amended due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Rather than simply cancelling the event, however, the BTCC paddock pulled together to produce a fun-filled contest under a beautiful sunset in Hampshire.
Thankfully with restrictions now being lifted across the UK, we are delighted to open this up to a limited number of participants from our wonderful fanbase, with the minimum £10 entry fee for each entrant donated to Prostate Cancer UK.
The 2020 event – which raised funds for the NHS – was won by Tom Chilton as he was joined on track by the likes of Adam Morgan, Jade Edwards, Jack Butel and Carl Boardley, plus a number of other team members from the wider BTCC community.
With the Thruxton circuit registering nearly 2.4 miles per lap and another certain famous 24-hour race taking place in France this weekend, the 24-mile, ten-lap ride is set to be an exciting occasion to kick off the weekend’s activities.
The action will commence at 6:30pm on Friday 27 August with all selected competitors asked to be in attendance one hour ahead of the start time.
To register your interest, please fill in the contact form below. The closing date is 4pm on Thursday 19 August and those selected will be chosen at random.
Click here for those wishing to donate to this wonderful cause. Good luck everyone and we look forward to seeing some of you on the track!
By entering to take part in this event, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
1. All entrants are required to pay the minimum £10 entrance fee which will be donated to Prostate Cancer UK.
2. Cyclists must be aged 18 or over.
3. It is the responsibility of participants to ensure their bicycles are in a roadworthy condition and clothing and footwear are appropriate, including bicycle helmet.
4. Electric, hybrid or power-assisted bikes will not be permitted to take part in the event.
5. By taking part, all participants and spectators confirm that they’re happy to be in any photos or video footage of the event.
6. Organisers reserve the right to not allow entrants to participate for various reasons including unsafe cycling equipment, unsuitable behaviour etc.
7. Participation will be at the entrant’s own risk, by participating in this event you acknowledge and accept that BARC, Thruxton, TOCA and Kwik Fit will not be liable for personal injury or death.