INGRAM INCHES AWAY FROM CHASING PACK
Tom Ingram has completed a routine double at Oulton Park, having produced a commanding drive to win the second Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship race of the day, following on from his earlier triumph.
Ingram’s Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com Hyundai led into turn one and was never really challenged for the full 15-lap duration while he watched those scrapping behind in his mirrors.
“My car has just been phenomenal all weekend,” said Ingram following the first ever double success for EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com. “This is the same car that we had in free practice yesterday and it’s just been perfect straight out of the box.
“This is quite a difficult place to overtake, these guys will have been stuck in traffic the whole way through. So it maybe looked a little easier from my point because I could just have some clean air and get away, but I won’t have it so easy in the next race so we’ll have to have a little think about how we can extract the best out of it.”
NAPA Racing UK’s Ash Sutton again took second after he got the better of Rory Butcher’s Toyota in an early squabble, whilst Team BMW’s Colin Turkington completed the podium.
Turkington was made to work hard for his silverware but he eventually got by Butcher’s fading Toyota Corolla with a clever move around the outside of the hairpin, whilst Halfords Racing with Cataclean’s Gordon Shedden and NAPA Racing UK’s Dan Cammish followed them home in fifth and sixth respectively.
Jake Hill made the most progress in his ROKiT MB Motorsport BMW as he surged to seventh, continuing his day of recovery following a difficult qualifying.
Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com’s Dan Lloyd was eighth, whilst Rich Energy BTC Racing’s Josh Cook and Toyota GAZOO Racing UK’s Ricky Collard completed the top ten.
The final Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship race of the day takes place at 1710 with the television coverage now switching to ITV4.
2022 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship – Race 2 – Oulton Park
1. Tom INGRAM (GBR) Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com 15 laps
2. Ash SUTTON (GBR) NAPA Racing UK +0.979s
3. Colin TURKINGTON (GBR) Team BMW +2.281s
4. Rory BUTCHER (GBR) Toyota GAZOO Racing UK +9.482s
5. Gordon SHEDDEN (GBR) Halfords Racing with Cataclean +10.037s
6. Dan CAMMISH (GBR) NAPA Racing UK +12.271s
7. Jake HILL (GBR) ROKiT MB Motorsport +13.076s
8. Daniel LLOYD (GBR) Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com +13.824s
9. Josh COOK (GBR) Rich Energy BTC Racing +14.913s
10. Ricky COLLARD (GBR) Toyota GAZOO Racing UK +15.510s
11. Aiden MOFFAT (GBR) Laser Tools Racing +15.385s
12. Stephen JELLEY (GBR) Team BMW +15.603s
13. Michael CREES (GBR) CarStore Power Maxed Racing +18.266s
14. Bobby THOMPSON (GBR) Autobrite Direct with JourneyHero +21.410s
15. Árón TAYLOR-SMITH (IRL) Yazoo with Safuu.com Racing +22.086s
16. Adam MORGAN (GBR) Car Gods with Ciceley Motorsport +22.286s
17. Jason PLATO (GBR) Rich Energy BTC Racing +23.775s
18. George GAMBLE (GBR) Car Gods with Ciceley Motorsport +26.341s
19. Jade EDWARDS (GBR) Rich Energy BTC Racing +31.390s
20. Dexter PATTERSON (GBR) Laser Tools Racing +32.621s
21. Sam OSBORNE (GBR) Apec Racing with Beavis Morgan +33.169s
22. Ash HAND (GBR) CarStore Power Maxed Racing +33.219s
23. Jack BUTEL (GBR) Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com +33.462s
24. Ollie JACKSON (GBR) Apec Racing with Beavis Morgan +36.778s
25. Rick PARFITT (GBR) Uptonsteel with Euro Car Parts Racing +37.131s
26. Daniel ROWBOTTOM (GBR) Halfords Racing with Cataclean +49.722s
27. Nic HAMILTON (GBR) Yazoo with Safuu.com Racing +1:26.989s
28. Tom CHILTON (GBR) Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com +1 lap
29. Will POWELL (GBR) Autobrite Direct with JourneyHero +3 laps