KWIK FIT THRUXTON 24 RETURNS FOR 2022
We are delighted to be able to offer 50 places to fans wishing to take part in this year’s ‘Kwik Fit Thruxton 24’ charity bike ride in aid of Prostate Cancer UK, set to take place on the eve of the BTCC weekend at the super-fast Hampshire venue (Friday 26 August).
Originally designed by title sponsor Kwik Fit as an event in which fans could race alongside BTCC drivers around the UK’s fastest circuit, this will mark the second whereby fans can take part, after the inaugural ride in 2020 had to be amended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Rather than simply cancelling the event, however, the BTCC paddock pulled together to produce a fun-filled contest under a beautiful sunset in Hampshire.
The format for this year’s event follows its first two years, with participants completing ten laps of Thruxton’s nearly 2.4-mile circuit, completing almost 24 miles of the fastest circuit in the UK to kick off the weekend’s activities.
The action will commence at 1800 on Friday 26 August with all selected competitors asked to be in attendance around one hour ahead of the start time.
Fans are invited to apply for this year’s event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject ‘Kwik Fit Thruxton 24 Application’ with their name, date of birth, email address and contact number.
Applications close in exactly one week’s time at 1600 on Friday 19 August, with those selected to take part chosen at random and contacted before 1730 on Monday 22 August.
Successful applicants will be required to donate a minimum entry fee of £25 to Prostate Cancer UK.
Good luck everyone and we look forward to seeing some of you on the track!
By entering to take part in this event, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
1. All entrants are required to pay the minimum £25 entrance fee which will be donated to Prostate Cancer UK.
2. Cyclists must be aged 18 or over.
3. It is the responsibility of participants to ensure their bicycles are in a roadworthy condition and clothing and footwear are appropriate, including bicycle helmet.
4. Electric, hybrid or power-assisted bikes will not be permitted to take part in the event.
5. By taking part, all participants and spectators confirm that they’re happy to be in any photos or video footage of the event.
6. Organisers reserve the right to not allow entrants to participate for various reasons including unsafe cycling equipment, unsuitable behaviour etc.
7. Participation will be at the entrant’s own risk, by participating in this event you acknowledge and accept that BARC, Thruxton, TOCA and Kwik Fit will not be liable for personal injury or death.
8. Please note that this is not a race and anyone deemed to be putting themselves or other entrants at risk may have their participation removed.
9. As this activity is weather dependent, the organisers retain the rights to cancel the event if conditions are deemed unsafe.