MORGAN LEADS BMW 1-2-3 AT SILVERSTONE
Adam Morgan set the fastest lap of the day so far as the Car Gods with Ciceley Motorsport man headed home a BMW 1-2-3 in FP2 at Silverstone.
Team BMW’s Stephen Jelley wedged his 330e M Sport ahead of the second Ciceley Motorsport-run machine of George Gamble, as the Bavarian marque locked out the prime positions.
Toyota GAZOO Racing UK enjoyed another impressive session with Ricky Collard and Rory Butcher in fourth and sixth respectively, as the Speedworks Motorsport-run team look to repeat their Silverstone race-winning performances from last season.
ROKiT MB Motorsport’s Jake Hill and Team BMW’s Colin Turkington ensured that all five BMWs were inside the top seven, whilst Jack Sears Trophy leader Bobby Thompson was eighth in his Team HARD-run CUPRA.
The NAPA Racing UK duo of Ash Sutton and Dan Cammish were notable absentees from the top order, as was FP1 pace-setter Tom Ingram, although all teams will have been running different strategies ahead of qualifying.
Rich Energy BTC Racing’s Jade Edwards failed to set a time as the squad looks to overcome a problem with its Honda Civic Type R.
“We’re still struggling with issues,” said Edwards. “The team’s working as hard as possible to rectify it, but it looks like we’ll be going into qualifying with next to no laps which isn’t ideal!”
Qualifying for Round 25 of the Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship will take place at 1505 later today and will be streamed live via www.itv.com/btcc.
2022 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship – Free Practice 2 – Silverstone
1. Adam MORGAN (GBR) Car Gods with Ciceley Motorsport 57.601s
2. Stephen JELLEY (GBR) Team BMW +0.014s
3. George GAMBLE (GBR) Car Gods with Ciceley Motorsport +0.047s
4. Ricky COLLARD (GBR) Toyota GAZOO Racing UK +0.080s
5. Jake HILL (GBR) ROKiT MB Motorsport +0.146s
6. Rory BUTCHER (GBR) Toyota GAZOO Racing UK +0.167s
7. Colin TURKINGTON (GBR) Team BMW +0.191s
8. Bobby THOMPSON (GBR) Autobrite Direct with JourneyHero +0.240s
9. Gordon SHEDDEN (GBR) Halfords Racing with Cataclean +0.281s
10. Aiden MOFFAT (GBR) Laser Tools Racing +0.298s
11. Ash HAND (GBR) CarStore Power Maxed Racing +0.310s
12. Daniel ROWBOTTOM (GBR) Halfords Racing with Cataclean +0.364s
13. Daniel LLOYD (GBR) Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com +0.371s
14. Tom INGRAM (GBR) Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com +0.392s
15. Tom CHILTON (GBR) Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com +0.416s
16. Jason PLATO (GBR) Rich Energy BTC Racing +0.495s
17. Dan CAMMISH (GBR) NAPA Racing UK +0.506s
18. Michael CREES (GBR) CarStore Power Maxed Racing +0.519s
19. Josh COOK (GBR) Rich Energy BTC Racing +0.549s
20. Dexter PATTERSON (GBR) Laser Tools Racing +0.567s
21. Árón TAYLOR-SMITH (IRL) Yazoo with Safuu.com Racing +0.574s
22. Jack BUTEL (GBR) Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com +0.755s
23. Ash SUTTON (GBR) NAPA Racing UK +0.767s
24. Ollie JACKSON (GBR) Apec Racing with Beavis Morgan +0.822s
25. Nic HAMILTON (GBR) Yazoo with Safuu.com Racing +0.826s
26. Sam OSBORNE (GBR) Apec Racing with Beavis Morgan +1.139s
27. Rick PARFITT (GBR) Uptonsteel with Euro Car Parts Racing +2.185s
28. Jade EDWARDS (GBR) Rich Energy BTC Racing NO TIME