NAPA RACING UK LEAD THE WAY AT SNETTERTON
Dan Cammish topped NAPA Racing UK team-mate Dan Rowbottom in the second Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship Free Practice session at Snetterton, as the Ford Focus squad continues to lead the way in Norfolk.
Three-time champ Ash Sutton set the benchmark in FP1, but this time it was standings leader Cammish and Donington Park pole-sitter Rowbottom occupying the top two positions.
Jake Hill was the only man able to get amongst the front-running Fords as the Laser Tools Racing with MB Motorsport star claimed third.
“It’s nice to be here at sunny Snett,” said Hill. “We’ve made a few tweaks to the car since Brands to try and look after our tyres a little better and we’re moving in the right direction.
“The resurfacing has made a difference here – particularly in the two hairpins – but it’s still a balancing act in terms of setup. There’s always a sacrifice somewhere because of the nature of the circuit.
“It’s looking quite easy for the NAPA cars at the moment and I’m not sure how we make up the time to them at this point. I just need to be the best BMW and take it from there.”
Sutton had to settle for fourth this time around but in a potentially ominous looking leaderboard Sam Osborne also hauled his NAPA-backed machine into fifth.
Josh Cook enjoyed a more promising run as the One Motorsport with Starline Racing Honda sneaked inside the top six, ahead of a quartet of cars from the Team BMW and BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 stables represented by Tom Chilton, Stephen Jelley, Tom Ingram and Colin Turkington.
Qualifying for Round 10 of the Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship commences at 1540 – the latter being streamed LIVE via the ITV Sport YouTube Channel.
2023 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship – FP2 – Snetterton (300)
- Dan Cammish, NAPA Racing UK 1:55.814s
- Daniel Rowbottom, NAPA Racing UK +0.043s
- Jake Hill, Laser Tools Racing with MB Motorsport +0.107s
- Ashley Sutton, NAPA Racing UK +0.304s
- Sam Osborne, NAPA Racing UK +0.306s
- Josh Cook, One Motorsport with Starline Racing +0.336s
- Tom Chilton, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +0.506s
- Stephen Jelley, Team BMW +0.508s
- Tom Ingram, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +0.523s
- Colin Turkington, Team BMW +0.577s
- Ricky Collard, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing UK +0.745s
- Adam Morgan, Team BMW +0.790s
- Aiden Moffat, One Motorsport with Starline Racing +0.821s
- Árón Taylor-Smith, CarStore Power Maxed Racing +0.886s
- Andrew Watson, CarStore Power Maxed Racing +0.938s
- Rory Butcher, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing UK +0.947s
- Mikey Doble, CarStore Power Maxed Racing +1.265s
- Daniel Lloyd, Autobrite Direct with Millers Oils +1.416s
- Ronan Pearson, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +1.640s
- George Gamble, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing UK +1.769s
- Dexter Patterson, Re.Beverages and Bartercard with Team HARD +1.897s
- Will Powell, One Motorsport with Starline Racing +2.822s
- Nic Hamilton, Go-Fix with Autoaid Breakdown +2.929s
- Jade Edwards, Re.Beverages and Bartercard with Team HARD +3.099s
- Jack Butel, Go-Fix with Autoaid Breakdown +3.176s
- Nick Halstead, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +6.057s