TOM INGRAM TOPS THE FP2 TIMES
Reigning champion Tom Ingram topped the timesheets in the final Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship free practice session, as the #1 Hyundai i30N flexed its muscles ahead of qualifying.
Ingram was left languishing in the opening session but it’s clear there was little to worry about as the BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 man set the fastest lap of the weekend so far.
NAPA Racing UK’s Dan Cammish completed his own encouraging run as the Ford Focus driver ended up second – just 0.135s off the pace. Such was the competitiveness of the FP2 that the top 19 drivers were covered by less than a second.
Josh Cook proved his pace yet again – following on from his FP1 topping exploits – as the One Motorsport with Starline driver was third fastest, albeit with a car not completely to his liking.
“There are still things we need to work on with the car to improve and get better,” said Cook. “It feels good, but despite what the timesheets say I am still not gelling with it, with regards to how I like the car. We are just working towards that – we need to keep concentrating on ourselves, improving the car and hopefully we will be in the mix later on in Qualifying.”
Four of the next five cars in the order were BMWs with WSR stablemates Jake Hill, Stephen Jelley, Colin Turkington and Adam Morgan all within a whisker of eachother, whilst local man Daniel Lloyd (Autobrite Direct with Millers Oils) again enjoyed an impressive run to take seventh.
Rory Butcher (TOYOTA GAZOO Racing UK) and Ash Sutton (NAPA Racing UK) completed the top ten.
Qualifying for Round 16 of the 2023 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship takes place at 1525 later today and will be streamed live via the ITV Sport YouTube Channel.
2023 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship – FP2 – Croft
- Tom Ingram, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 1:22.439s
- Dan Cammish, NAPA Racing UK +0.135s
- Josh Cook, One Motorsport with Starline Racing +0.166s
- Jake Hill, Laser Tools Racing with MB Motorsport +0.219s
- Stephen Jelley, Team BMW +0.231s
- Colin Turkington, Team BMW +0.316s
- Daniel Lloyd, Autobrite Direct with Millers Oils +0.370s
- Adam Morgan, Team BMW +0.378s
- Rory Butcher, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing UK +0.430s
- Ash Sutton, NAPA Racing UK +0.523s
- Árón Taylor-Smith, CarStore Power Maxed Racing +0.561s
- Andrew Watson, CarStore Power Maxed Racing +0.564s
- Tom Chilton, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +0.628s
- Ricky Collard, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing UK +0.725s
- Daniel Rowbottom, NAPA Racing UK +0.726s
- Dexter Patterson, Re.Beverages and Bartercard with Team HARD +0.823s
- Michael Crees, Autobrite Direct with Millers Oils +0.855s
- Aiden Moffat, One Motorsport with Starline Racing +0.885s
- Mikey Doble, CarStore Power Maxed Racing +0.976s
- Ronan Pearson, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +1.039s
- George Gamble, TOYOTA GAZOO Racing UK +1.137s
- Sam Osborne, NAPA Racing UK +1.244s
- Jack Butel, Go-Fix with Autoaid Breakdown +1.466s
- Jade Edwards, One Motorsport with Starline Racing +1.722s
- Nick Halstead, BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8 +2.169s
- Daryl DeLeon, Re.Beverages and Bartercard with Team HARD +3.751s